In the heart of Tuscany, the Antica Canonica is on a country estate surrounded on all sides by beautiful unspoilt countryside. The historical residence, which origins can be traced back to the eleventh Century, has been recently fully restored and has a rich and interesting history. Originally a watch tower built in 1048, the building became the property of the church who transformed it into a Bishops residence and a medieval farming hamlet, later still the house and its grounds was used as a country retreat for many noble Counts and Dukes of the region.
The tiny hamlet was eventually abandoned, but now it has been lovingly restored, preserving its ancient heritage. The original characteristics of the building have all been retained, beautiful high vaulted ceilings, archways, terracotta floors are all featured and the old beautiful fire-places keep the old glamour and suggest the idea that the time has stopped.